Try this yummy chicken curry. Its a favourite in our house!!
1kg skinless chicken breasts (diced)
1 cup chopped onion
Can crushed tomatoes
1 cup plain yogurt (or coconut cream)
1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons salt
1/4-1/2 cup cooking oil
1 tbls fresh garlic
1/2 tbls fresh ginger
2 cinnamon sticks
1 1/2 tbls curry powder (use more for spicy flavour)
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tbls fresh coriander
4-6 cardomon pods
1 tsp garam masala
1. Heat oil in large fry pan/pot over high heat until browned. Place on a plate and set aside
2. Reduce heat, add onion, fresh garlic and ginger to fry pan and cook until onion soft
3. Stir the cumin, turmeric, curry powder, ground coriander, pepper, cinnamon sticks, cardamon pods and 1 tablespoon of water into the onion mixture, mix together for a few minutes
4. Mix the can of tomatoes, yogurt, chopped fresh coriander and salt into onion/spice mixture.
5. Place chicken breasts into mixture, adding the ½ cup of water.
6. Bring to boil, adding garam masala and sprinkle of fresh coriander over chicken.
7. Reduce heat and simmer for about half hour.
8. Remove cardamon pods and cinnamon stick before serving
Serve with rice of choice and yogurt with fresh coriander to garnish
Do you need some new activewear to make you feel and look great, keeping you motivated this winter? Then check out our collection @ www.harmonyinspired.com.au
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: activewear, blogger, dairy free, dinner, eatlean, exercise, family, fatburning, fit food, fitblog, fitmum, Fitness, fitnessblogger, Fitspo, foodblogger, foodie, gold coast, guiltfree, guthealth, gym, happiness, harmony inspired, harmony inspired activewear, harmonyinspiredactivewear, health, healthblog, healthy, Inspiration, inspiredactivetribe, lifestyle blogger, lifystyle, nutrition, recipe, Recipes, weightloss, workout