Ingredients 1-2 Chicken Breasts (depending on how much chicken you like in the dish) diced into small pieces Small container of semi-sundried tomatoes Large handful of fresh spinach leaves 6-8 cup mushrooms (peeled and sliced) 1 Tablespoon of olive oil 1 teaspoon of garlic 1 tablespoons of basil pesto 2 cups of rice (more if you want to make risotto dish slightly bigger) 1 litre of chicken stock (or 2-3 chicken cubes in 1 litre of boiling water, may need slightly more water if more rice is used) ½ to 1 cup of shredded parmesan cheese (depending on your taste buds) Pepper to taste Preparation
- Heat oil in a non stick saucepan, brown chicken on high heat and then reduce.
- Add mushrooms and slightly soften, add sundried tomatoes, spinach leaves and simmer on low.
- Add pesto and garlic and mix in
- Boil stock cubes in 1L of water (set aside)
- Turn heat up, add rice to saucepan with chicken, tomatoes and spinach and add a small amount of stock to mix ingredients together. Slowly mix stock in ½ a cup at a time until liquid is absorbed and turn heat down as you put in last amount of stock (this should take 10 mins to all mix in, you need to be stirring continuously).
- Rice will take about 15-20 mins to cook to perfection, I usually stir it for another 5-10 mins after adding all of the stock in (its very easy to overcook the rice so you need to keep a close eye on it, you want it soft but not too soft, very slight crunch through it)
- Once you are happy with the taste, add the parmesan and pepper to your tastbuds
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: dinner, foodblogger, foodie, harmonyinspired, harmonyinspiredactivewear, healthy, inspiration, inspiredactivetribe, kidslunchbox, recipe, Recipes, risotto